Monday 27 January 2014

The (not so) glamorous hotel life

I've now been living in hotels for the last week, except for the weekend when I slept on my brother's sofa. I long for a home. I wouldn't mind staying in a hotel for two weeks on a vacation, but between flats while moving is not a glamorous existence.
I have a very limited amount of space in my bags, and thus very limited choice of clothes. I have my book, my knitting and a couple of tv channels to keep me company. The extra blanket turned out to match my knitting perfectly.


I've started to think about things I'm going to miss when I leave Sweden. Not much springs to mind, except lingonberries!
Sweden and UK are a lot similar or at least near similar in many ways. There's no big differences, but a lot of small ones. I'll probably find a lot of things that I either miss or absolutely don't miss. It'll be fun to see what actually makes that list. And some things I'll just have to bring, like lingonberries and semlor. I had to buy a semla today to make sure I got one before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment