Saturday 11 January 2014

Podcasts

I've been trying a bunch of podcasts to find a couple of them I like. The first one I stumbled upon was the Swedish podcast Stickpodden with Elin and Karin on the Swedish east coast. It's knitting, it's life, it's what's on their minds and it's great. After a long period of no doing anything yarn related I found Stickpodden and got my inspiration back. I often laugh at similarities with my own life since their in my age and in the same part of life as me, makes me wish I did a podcast as well.

Recently I've also started to listen to the Yarniacs podcast, two women in California talking about their knitting and what kinks and tricks they've found on their way. When I've looked at their finished knittings at Ravelry I'm amazed how they manage to juggle job, family, home, training and amazing knitting on only 24 hours a day! Very sweet podcast that's easy to listen to while knitting or on the commute. Right now I'm having a podcast marathon while packing my flat into boxes, it's 50+ episodes to catch up on!

Those two are my favourites right now, although I need to find more podcasts to listen to and I should probably diversify a little and find a podcast about something else than knitting and yarn. There's a lot of podcasts out there, takes a lot of listening before finding the pearls.

This weekend I'll try out the iMake podcast. A girl from the Channel Islands talk about various crafts in a lovely Brittish accent. Hopefully it'll keep me focused on packing and emptying my flat. The new tenant arrives next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment