Friday 31 January 2014

Bye bye Sweden

Yesterday was the last day at work and today I've returned laptop, phone and keys. It felt a little weird to say goodbye to my work since 5 years, both sad to leave such a fun job and excited about what's to come.
Sat on the bus I'm starting to feel bubbly excited! I'm not sure I've taken in what I'm doing. I'm leaving my country, my job, my family and my home. I'm going to become an immigrant, lost in a new world. Even though Sweden and UK are fairly similar western countries there are so many differences, not many big ones, but endless of small ones. The word 'please' doesn't have an equivalent in Swedish and I might appear rude because of a cultural difference in our languages. I'm trying hard to remember to say 'please' all the time.




There's a lot of snow on the Swedish west coast and I think I'm going miss it a little, even though my feet are constantly cold in the winter. I enjoy winter for about two weeks a year, then I it's time for spring. I've had my two weeks now and it feels ok to leave it. I'm also leaving rain from the side (backside of living on the coast), I might even get an umbrella now. Umbrellas are useless when on the windy coast but handy in London.




No comments:

Post a Comment