Sunday 23 February 2014

Shiny brioche

The last few months it's been a neon fashion trend and of course in knitting fashion. I've been planning to join in the neon game but haven't figured out what I want to do.
Another trend I've found in the knitting world is the brioche technique. I must admit it didn't appeal to me in the beginning but then I saw a couple of really cool cowls and hats on Ravelry and thought I'd give it a try and throw in some neon while I'm at it!

A trip to John Lewis resulted in white and neon yellow chunky yarn to knit a cowl in brioche technique. If I'm hooked I might make a pair of fingerless mittens to make a set. So far I've just knitted a few centimeters to learn the technique and it's looking good! The bright neon colour combined with the calm white is coming out really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment